Instructions for JETem Reviewers
Thank you for your contribution to the Journal of Education and Teaching in Emergency Medicine. Here are the instructions to help your tasks as a reviewer.
Reviewer Guidelines/Expectations for JETem.
Reviewers are expected to:
- Perform two (2) to five (5) reviews per calendar year.
When a reviewer has committed to review:
- Reviews must be completed within 14 days from date of the initial request.
- If a reviewer does not reply within 3 days of initial invitation, an automatically generated electronic reminder will be sent on days 3, 5, and final reminder on day 7.
- Reviews must be thorough and contain a basic amount of information in order for the section editor to generate a composite review.
- Critique of methodology (did the author incorporate engaging instructional methods)
- Accuracy of subject matter
- Statement of impact
- Significant limitations that were not addressed
- Fatal flaws
- Comment on clarity, brevity, grammar and spelling. If there are minor errors, please relate them in the review. If there are major errors as a whole, you may relate this fact without having to fix them line by line.
The journal will provide all reviewers with:
- An annual update detailing the number of reviews performed over the preceding calendar year and an official letter of thanks on JETem letterhead for your academic record and promotion.